It is BIG!
Construction of Hawthorn FC’s $100m 28-hectare Dingley Village facility may start in 2021, with presentation to Kingston City Council a part of securing local, state and federal commitments for the world-class facility home to AFL – Australian Football League
AFLW and community sport.
Hawthorn Football Club pouring in $30m of their money, have also been fundraising and recently obtained a $15m Federal Government commitment, helping to pave the way for Kingston to become home to two AFL clubs including St Kilda.
A big thank you to Chief Operating Officer Tim Silvers for sharing his vision for this exciting project, which requires a cohesive approach from local, state and federal levels.
It will feature:
– A community pavilion and oval built to ensure gender equal facilities
– Flexible education and learning spaces;
– Indoor stadium for community basketball, netball, volleyball, and wheelchair AFL;
– Main oval and the Harris Elite Training and Administration Facility
– Administrative spaces for community and not-for-profit organisations to share the club’s resources
This investment would create an exciting destination for the City of Kingston, facing changing needs and increased participation in sport and recreation.